This online shop is using cookies to give you the best shopping experience. Thereby for example the session information or language setting are stored on your computer. Without cookies the range of the online shop's functionality is limited.
If you don't agree, please click here.
0 Items in cart:
The shopping cart is empty.
New here at SPKR?
Sign up now and enjoy the full shopping experience!
Following their early EPs "My Angel" (1991) and "Constellation" (1994), ARCTURUS finally released their debut album "Aspera Hiems Symfonia" in 1996. The Norwegians derived their name from the brightest star of the Northern hemisphere and were obviously influenced by the massively expanding black metal scene of their homeland. Already featuring such well-known protagonists as ULVER's Garm and MAYHEM's Hellhammer, the line-up on "Aspera Hiems Symfonia" saw Samoth replaced by excellent guitarist Carl August Tidemann and outstanding ULVER bass player Hugh "Skoll" Mingay also joining the band. Despite their audible black roots, ARCTURUS clearly begged to differ by daring to experiment and adding an avant-garde twist with strange sonorous vocals complementing those piercing shrieks, Sverd's cinematic keyboards, the technical guitar solos, and more elements that to this day mark the band from Oslo as progressive innovators.
1. To Thou Who Dwellest In The Night
2. Wintry Grey
3. Whence & Whither Goest The Wind
4. Raudt Og Svart
5. The Bodkin & The Quietus (...To Reach The Stars)
6. Du Nordavind
7. Fall Of Man
8. Naar Kulda Tar
SPKR is a multifaceted, independent media group specializing in the discovery, manufacturing, distribution and presentation of high quality music and art.
• individual shipping costs depending on weight and countryPlease note that we always ship orders completely, meaning all items you order! There are no part shipments!Payment options:
• Via PayPal
• Via credit card (Visa, MasterCard) - Only for regular customers
• Via sofortbanking.de
• Via direct debit (Germany-based and regular customers only)